About the Project
A glass manufacturer supplemented its staff with Lovegreen millwrights to work as directed and remediate several significant issues among its production lines. Notable items included:
- Testing and installing pneumatic controls on pallet conveyance line
- Eliminating floor spillage from material conveyance line
- Demolition of two production lines
- Spot maintenance
- Field welding
Multiple maintenance personnel had been lost to retirement over last several years, and the skillset among newer members of maintenance staff was not yet developed. As a result, critical maintenance tasks on key production lines had been foregone over time leading to many issues.
- Pallets rolling off conveyance lines
- Material spillage on floor
- Certain lines not in use but never removed
Lovegreen team brought in to supplement customer’s existing maintenance staff and worked as directed to address multiple issues of varying scope.
- Tested and installed pneumatic pallet stopes to prevent pallet roll off.
- Added 4″ sheet steel to conveyance section to prevent spills.
- Adjusted sensors and photo eyes that were not operating properly due to misalignment.
- Demoed two production lines not currently in use.
- Due to layout and surrounding conveyance, forklifts could not be used for overhead lifting.
- Torch cut all machines into manageable pieces, moving the machines out under the existing conveyors.
- Initial labor request was for two (2) millwrights for two (2) days, then was expanded to minimum of four (4) weeks.