About the Project
A farm operation acquired an existing grain elevator structure (grain leg, compartment bins) to be used on their farm. A partner was needed to disassemble the existing structure and reinstall it at the customer’s location.
- Disassembly and reassembly
- Complex rigging, hoisting, and erecting
- Field welding and fabrication
- Intense planning and tracking given volume of structural parts and components
The customer had already invested in grain superstructure. Needed a partner that could move and reassemble the complex structure in a timely manner.
- Forethought and planning were critical as this work scope was unique
- Superstructure and 10-bin diverter were very complex
- Much of the work was outdoors and the timeline was subject to irregular weather patterns
- Customer needed flexibility from the partner to retain full control of the schedule
Lovegreen accommodated the customer’s timeline needs and the structure was reassembled exactly as it was prior to disassembly.
- Assembled a talented team that had flexibility and optimal geographic proximity to the worksite.
- The team devised a numbering scheme during disassembly to ensure the reassembly was seamless.
- The ingenuity of team members was critical to the success of the project.
- Specialized equipment used:
- 40 ton boom truck crane
- 10K 55’ telehandler
- 80’ man lift with jib
- 135’ man lift
- 56’ rough terrain scissor lift